Not being one who generally hangs anything up, clothes-wise, except maybe for a couple of shirts, I found the large wardrobe space in my motorhome was impractical. It would get stuffed with bedding and other bits all piled on top of each other, which all fell out when you opened the door! I decided to build some shelves to provide more structured storage, leaving about 6″ worth of rail to hang my shirts.
Using lots of cardboard to experiment with different designs I decided to build a shelf to extend the existing base, a vertical divider and shelves to form four compartments on the right. I would use 10mm ply that I had lying around, and edge it with a pine moulding (made on the router table) to give the impression that the shelves are thicker.
This shows the edging being glued-on
I experimented with shelf positions
Once all the final modifications had been made, I sanded each part and then coated them with three coats of matt polyurethane varnish.